When: Sunday, August 20 to Saturday, August 26, 2017
Arrival time is 1-5pm Sunday. Departure is by noon Saturday.
What is Active Deaf Adults Camp?
A summer camp for active deaf adults over 50 years old. A week of relaxing, participating in activities, and socializing with likeminded people in a beautiful Adirondack Mountains setting, overlooking the 4th
Lake. A rustic century old hotel, “The Mohawk Hotel” has been converted into a vibrant, and fun summer camp for deaf children, future deaf film makers, children of deaf adults, and deaf seniors to enjoy and be one with nature. Active adult campers can choose to from a variety of activities. For a glimpse, read the “Diary” below.
Important to note that, regretfully, the camp does not offer access for those who use wheelchairs or walkers. There are no elevators at the camp. You must be able to climb up and down stairs, and navigate paths.
The camp has 72 beds total. The majority of the beds are bunk beds. So we try to limit the participants to approximately 36-40 individuals. So that everyone can sleep on a lower bunk bed. There are 2 people to a room, in some cases, we may need to add 3rd
person to the room. Shared bathroom and showers on each floor.
We provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day except for Arrival Day – dinner only, Departure Day – breakfast only.
Registration begins January 15, 2017.
Transportation can be arranged from Syracuse Airport to the camp. This needs to be arranged in advance, so please advise you will need transportation.
To minimize cost, please plan to arrive at Syracuse airport before 6:00 PM. We will pick up everyone at that time and head to Old Forge and the camp. It is a 2 hour drive.
Plan your flight to leave after 1:00 PM. We leave for the airport at 10:00 AM. Times are for planning purposes, actual times may vary.
Once you have registered, we will send you additional information about what you need to bring to the camp.
For more information, contact Andy Lange at email@example.com
or Dave Staehle, Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities and Workshops
- Excellent for active Deaf Adults (Age 50 and up) who want a fun and relaxing environment
- Variety of educational morning workshops
- Will have a day trip (to be determined and it will be FUN!)
- Lawn games, swimming, kayaking & hiking
- Bonfire chats, card games, bingo and many more
- Enjoy a ride on the pontoon to the Inlet for ice cream or shopping in Old Forge
- Enjoy a quiet moment of solitude sitting on our Adirondack chairs at the waterfront and watch the sunrise or sunset
- Program Fee ~ $450 includes all optional activities, five/six nights at the Lodge, and daily meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Download (PDF, 5.33MB)