Active Deaf Adults 50 Plus Week
Active deaf adult campers can choose to from a variety of activities. Important to note that, regretfully, the camp does not offer access for those who use wheelchairs or walkers. There are no elevators at the camp. You must be able to climb up and down stairs, and navigate paths. The camp has 72 beds total. The majority of the beds are bunk beds. So we try to limit the participants to approximately 36-40 individuals. So that everyone can sleep on a lower bunk bed. There are 2 people to a room, in some cases, we may need to add 3rd or 4th person to the room. Shared bathroom and showers on each floor.
We provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day except for Arrival Day – dinner only, Departure Day – breakfast only. Parking is available on site. A typical room of two bunk beds for 4 or 5 with shared bathrooms are available for you to use. Bring your own bed sheets (or sleeping bags), pillows, blankets, and towels (for shower and waterfront).
Activities and Workshops
- Excellent for active Deaf Adults (Age 50 and up) who want a fun and relaxing environment
- Variety of educational morning workshops
- Will have a day trips in upstate New York
- Lawn games, swimming, kayaking & hiking
- Bonfire chats, card games, bingo and many more
- Enjoy a ride on the pontoon to the Inlet for ice cream or shopping in Old Forge
- Enjoy a quiet moment of solitude sitting on our Adirondack chairs at the waterfront and watch the sunrise or sunset
CM7 accepts paper registration and checks mailed to CM7. Please download the registration form, "Deaf Adults Camp", on the right side of this page.
IMPORTANT COVID VACCINATION NOTE:
- All camp registrants including children aged 12 and over will be required to show proof of full vaccination as a condition of attending.
- CDC guidelines specify that an individual is fully vaccinated 2 weeks after receiving a single J & J injection or 2 weeks after receiving a second Moderna or Pfizer injection.
- If you are attending, please email a copy or picture of your and if appplicable, your family members ‘ CDC vaccination card to the Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a hard copy to Camp Mark 7, c/o Office Manager, 144 Mohawk Hotel Road, Old Forge, NY 13420 to be received prior to camp.
- In the event a registrant and/or family member arrives at camp without proof of full vaccination having been submitted their registration will be cancelled and no refunds will be made.
- We reserve the right to extend this requirement to children under 12 in the event that CDC or FDA policy extends eligibility for vaccinations to children under the age of 12 sufficiently in advance of the camp program start date to allow them to be fully vaccinated by the start date of the program.